Prof. Manuel Alcamí Pertejo
Manuel Alcami is full Professor of Chemical Physics at the Department of Chemistry at UAM and Associ- ated Senior Scientist at IMDEA. He graduated in Chemistry at UAM in 1987 and received his PhD in Quantum Chemistry in 1990. He did a postdoctoral stage (1991-1993) at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne (UK). He is the national coordinator of the inter university master and doctorate programmes in Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling (www.emtccm.og) and the chair of the COST Action CM1204 XLIC: XUV/X-ray light and fast ions for ultrafast chemistry (www.xlic.eu).
His field of expertise is the theoretical study of molecules both in gas phase and deposited on surfaces. His current research lines are:
- Theoretical study of self-assembly and charge transfer processes of molecules deposited on surfaces.
- Carbon nanostructures: fullerenes, fullerene metal derivatives and graphene.
- Fragmentation and stability of highly charged and highly excited molecules.
- "Probing the Site-Dependent Kondo Response of Nanostructured Graphene with Organic Molecules M. Garnica et col. Nano Lett., 2014, 14, 4560–4567.
- "Elastic Response of Graphene Nanodomes" S. Koch et col. ACS Nano, 2013, 7, pp 2927–2934.
- "Long-range magnetic order in a purely organic 2D layer adsorbed on epitaxial graphene" M. Garnica et col. Nature Physics 9, 368–374 (2013).