USTS 2019 Meeting
Ultrafast Science & Technology Spain 2019
November 6th to 8th, 2019. Madrid
Registration is already open! Follow steps following Registration & Abstract above
Deadline for early registration: September 19th
Deadline for abstract submission: September 6th
Acceptance of oral and poster presentations: September 20th
The third edition of the Ultrafast Science and Technology Spain meeting (USTS 2019) will take place in IMDEA Nanoscience in Madrid from 6th to 8th November, 2019.
USTS 2019 has been promoted by the Grupo Especializado de Láseres Ultrarrápidos (GELUR) of the RSEF. The main objective of this event is to continue a series of Meetings aimed at gathering and promoting the whole Ultrafast Laser Community in Spain, providing a space for encounter, discussion and dissemination of the most recent results in Ultrafast Science, and facilitating synergies among groups with common themes, tools or methodologies. All senior scientists, postdocs and students working in areas related to Ultrafast Science are strongly encouraged to attend the meeting.
The scope of USTS 2019 is broad and multidisciplinary, covering different topics such as ultrafast laser development, femtosecond laser spectroscopy and microscopy, nonlinear optical phenomena, attosecond physics, ultrafast synchrotron and XFEL studies, and in general any ultrafast study related to biology, chemistry and condensed matter.
We expect to hold a high-level sicientific meeting from a broad scientific and technological ultrafast community, and we encourage you to submit excellent contributions to this third edition of USTS.
6-8 November 2019
- Ursula Keller (ETH Zurich)
- Frank Lépine (LASIM, Lyon)
- Mauro Nisoli (Politecnico de Milano)
- Jens Biegert (ICFO)
- Johannes Feist (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
- María Teresa Flores (Universidad de Santiago de Compostela)
- Wojciech Gawelda (European XFEL)
- Rosario González (Universidad de Granada)
- Klavs Hansen (Tianjin University)
- Carlos Hernández (Universidad de Salamanca)
- Asier Longarte (Universidad del País Vasco)
- Larry Lüer (IMDEA Nanociencia)
- Dolores Martín (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
- Cruz Méndez (Centro de Láseres Pulsados)
- Dooshaye Moonshiram (IMDEA Nanociencia)
- Rebeca de Nalda (IQFR-CSIC)
- José Luis Pérez Lustres (Heidelberg University)
- Etienne Plésiat (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
- Elisabet Romero (ICIQ)
Luis Bañares (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
Crina Cojocaru (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya)
Jesús González Vázquez (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
Fernando Martín (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, IMDEA Nanociencia)
Alicia Palacios (Univerisdad Autónoma de Madrid)
Luis Roso (Universidad de Salamanca)
Local Chair Organizer: Fernando Martín (UAM & IMDEA Nanociencia)
Cristina Díaz (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
Beatriz Martín (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
Alicia Palacios (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
Antonio Picón (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
Ignacio Torres (IMDEA Nanociencia)
An initial draft of the program is detailed below.
Wednesday 6th Thursday 7th Friday 8th 11:00 Conference Opening 9:00 PL2 9:00 PL3 11:10 PL1 9:45 IT6 9:45 IT13 11:55 IT1 10:15 IT7 10:15 IT14 12:25 IT2 10:45 Coffe Break 10:45 Coffe Break 12:55 Lunch 11:15 IT8 11:15 IT15 15:00 IT3 11:45 IT9 11:45 IT16 15:30 IT4 12:15 O4 12:15 O9 16:00 IT5 12:35 O5 12:35 O10 16:30 Coffe Break 12:55 Lunch 12:55 Lunch 17:00 O1 15:00 IT10 15:00 Farewell 17:20 O2 15:30 IT11 17:40 O3 16:00 IT12 18:00 Poster Session 16:30 Coffe Break 17:00 O6 17:20 O7 17:40 O8 18:00 Poster Session 21:00 Conference dinner
PL: Plenary Lecture; IT: Invited Talks; O: Oral Communications
All assistants need to register for USTS2019 (early-bird registration before September 19th). We recommend that you carefully read the following terms before filling in the registration form. Early-bird Registration Fees:
- Regular Participant: 95 €
- PhD Student: 80 €
To register for USTS2019, please follow the next steps:
- Deposit your fee in the next account: IBAN: ES35 2103 4833 0100 3644 7924. Please, make sure that your name and "USTS2019" appear in the concept of the transfer.
Any problem filling our the form, please, follow the same process but send the fields in the email.
Fees stated include VAT (IVA).
Registration fee includes:
- Access to all Scientific Sessions
- Certificate of Attendance
- Access to the Poster Sessions and Coffee Breaks
- Digital copy of the Abstract Book
- All payments must be done in EUR.
- Payment must be made in advance of the conference, according to deadlines indicated.
We regret that no refunds will be accepted for cancellations made after October 15th, 2019.
Change of Name
The workshop will be held at the Conference Room of IMDEA Nanociencia.
Postal address: C/ Faraday, 9
Campus de Cantoblanco
How to arrive to IMDEA Nanociencia:
From Madrid (city centre)
- By train (Cercanías)
- Line C4 (Alcobendas-San Sebastián de Los Reyes/Colmenar Viejo), stop at “Cantoblanco Universidad” + 15 min. walk.
- By bus
- Only from “Plaza de Castilla” bus station. Line 714, stop at “Newton-Fco. Tomás y Valiente” + 3 min. walk.
“Plaza de Castilla” is connected to metro lines 1, 9 and 10.
From the airport Adolfo-Suárez/Barajas
- By train (Cercanías)
- Line C1 till “Chamartin” station and change to line C4 (Alcobendas-San Sebastián de Los Reyes/Colmenar Viejo), stop at “Cantoblanco Universidad” + 15 min. walk.
- By bus
- Only from Terminal 4. Line 827, stop at “Newton-Fco. Tomás y Valiente” + 3 min. walk. There is a free shuttle bus that connects all terminals of the airport.
- Taxi call centre: +34 91 547 8200, +34 91 371 2131.
- From the airport a flat fare of 30€ applies.