The Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) consists of 10-15 internationally renowned researchers; the members are chosen and approved by the Board of Trustees with the requirements that they are working in fields related to Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. They play an essential role in selecting the staff of the Institute, controlling their promotion and approving the scientific strategic plan of the Institute presented by the Director. The SAC pre-selects the scientific candidates to join the Institute and evaluates their performance, as well as the Research Programmes and the Institute as a whole. The SAC also makes a formal independent evaluation of the center that is a main tool in the strategic development of the Institute.
Scientific Advisory Committee
Current members of the Scientific Advisory Committee:
- Chairman: Prof. Ivan Schuller -Physics Department and California Institute of Telecommunication and Information Technology (Calit2), University of California-San Diego, USA.
- Prof. Héctor Abruña - Director, Energy Materials Center at Cornell, Cornell University, USA.
- Prof. Johannes Barth -Molecular Nanoscience & Chemical Physics of Interfaces, University Munich, Germany.
- Prof. Harald Brune -Director of the Institute of Nanostructures at Surfaces. Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL). Switzerland.
- Prof. Yvan Bruynserade -Laboratory of Solid-State Physics and Magnetism. Department of Physics and Astronomy, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium.
- Prof. Luis Echegoyen -Chair of Chemistry, University of Texas at El Paso, USA.
- Prof. Christoph Gerber -Director of Scientific Communication, NCCR Nanoscale Science, University of Basel. Switzerland.
- Prof. Dirk M. Guldi, -Department of Chemistry and Pharmacy Interdisciplinary Center for Molecular Materials (ICMM) Friedrich-Alexander-Universitaet, Erlangen-Nuernberg. Germany
- Prof. René A. J. Janssen -Eindhoven University of Technology Molecular Materials and Nanosystems, The Netherlands.
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Kirschner -Director of the Max Planck Institut für Mikrostrukturphysik, Halle, Germany.
- Prof. Cayetano López -Director of CIEMAT (Centre for Energy, Environment and Technology). Spain.
- Prof. Maurizio Prato -Dipartimento di Science, Farmaceutiche. Universita di Trieste, Italy.
- Prof. Rasmita Raval -Director of Surface Science Research Centre. University of Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- Prof. Miquel Salmerón - Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, USA.